Features and specifications
- 40mm Hi-End dynamic driver, neodymium drivers and copper-clad aluminum wire (CCAW) voice coils for accurate reproduction.
- Multi-layer, multi-material diaphragm, manufactured by hot-press-forming, strongly wrinkle-proof and anti-drop.
- Ultra high resolution, well balanced sound! most recommend using with half-open headphone shell.
- With similar frosted pattern diaphragm and sound quality as Beyerdynamic DT880 diaphragm.
- Driver Type: Dynamic
- Impedance @ 1kHz: 32 Ohms, suitable for smart phones, iPhones and iPads, strongly recommend working with earphone amplifiers.
- Sensitivity: 120 dB SPL/V
- Flat frequency response – 20-22000Hz
- Harmonic distortion < 0.3% at 1KHz
- Power: 20mW ~ 100mW
Magnetic steel: NdFeB
1 Pair (2 pieces) 40mm Hi-End Headphone Dynamic Drivers
1 pairs (2 pieces) 40mm to 50mm adapter for installation in 50mm headphone shells (no needed if your headphone shell is designed for 40mm driver)
Most recommend to be used with our wooden headphone shell.
Note: the dynamic drivers have been paired to ensure sound and quality fully balanced between right and left channels. Therefore we don’t offer single unit.
The front view.
The back with soldering panel…
A pair of drivers…
These are sound quality adjust materials if you want to further modify the style (enhancing/reducing bass, etc.)
See the original Beyerdynamic H880 drivers, and notice the unique frosted pattern!
Proceed with caution: dynamic driver is with extremely fragile (1~5μm) diaphragm and can be easily damaged in following situations.
- Soldering: overheated (>250 degree C) soldering iron or overtime soldering (>2s) may permanently damage the driver. Please managed down both in your DIY.
- Installation: the driver has Sintered NdFeB Magnetic inside with extremely strong attraction power. Damage may caused by attracting anything hitting the fragile diaphragm.
- Others: applying high-voltage, storing in high temperature/humidity environment… all may cause unrecoverable damage.