Features and specifications
- 50mm Titanium Diaphragm, manufactured by B&W ODM
- Sound style is very close to AKG 701
- See the FR (Frequency Response) in open space of this driver unit
Want to know more about the sound style? See YouTube video of AKG701
1 Pair (2 pieces) 50mm Hi-End Headphone Dynamic Drivers
The sound of this driver unit is very appealing. If you’re the kind of listener who revels in unpicking fine detail and wants to examine every note in a recording, these driver units are ideal ones for DIY.
Class-leading clarity, but lack fluidity They’re massively detailed and render the beginning and end of notes with class-leading clarity. The units do bass too, delivering deep notes such as those from Massive Attack’s Angel, with real power and drive.
Most recommend to be used with our wooden headphone shell.
Note: the dynamic drivers have been paired to ensure sound and quality fully balanced between right and left channels. Therefore we don’t offer single unit.
Soldering: overheated (>250 degree C) soldering iron or overtime soldering (>2s) may permanently damage the driver. Please managed down both in your DIY.
- Installation: the driver has Sintered NdFeB Magnetic inside with extremely strong attraction power. Damage may caused by attracting anything hitting the fragile diaphragm.
- Others: applying high-voltage, storing in high temperature/humidity environment… all may cause unrecoverable damage.