This is a DIY kit provide all the components you need to build a Shure SE215, a $100 In-Ear-Monitor, in 1hour and $30. You save 70% budget!
If you have concern on making it by yourself, please consider the original SE215 earbuds which we resell in an unbeatable price.
Know about Shure SE215
- Clear sound with deep bass elevates your audio performance in a convenient and portable package.
- Sound Isolating design featuring fit kit with a variety of sleeves for custom fit blocks up to 37 dB of outside noise for immersive listening no matter where you are.
- Easily transition between Apple/iOS and Android devices with 3.5 mm connection in one switch.
- Inline remote and microphone offers seamless control for phone calls, voice commands, and easily accessible operation of volume and music playback.
- Choice of clear or translucent black brings stage-inspired looks to the street.
- Secure, over-the-ear design ensures earphones stay in place for unmatched, long-wearing comfort.
- Zippered carrying case and fit kit with selection of sleeves included for personalized fit and comfort.
The Shure SE215 DIY List
- 1 X Shure SE215 Earphone Shell – Blue or Crystal
- 2 X 7mm SE215 Drivers
- 1 X 5N OFC cable with MMXC and 3.5mm plug, or upgrade to hi-end silver plated and braided cable!
- 2 X SE215 ear-tips
How to select the cable?
If you plan to use SE215 in moving, we recommend the upgrade option to the braided and silver plated cable for much better experience.
Silver plating principally improve the hi-band performance and braided cable greatly reduces the stereoscope effect.
How you can know is this DIY kit sounds like the original Shure SE215?
You shall ask the vendor to offer Frequency Response Measurement of the earbud you ordered, and compare with the trust-able 3rd party measurement. The FR curve is just like the finger print of an earphone, different design and building materials would never make identical FR response.
this is an example measured with one of the SE215 earbud we are selling (note this is the raw data w/o compensation)
And this is the FR measurement published by Inner Fidelity (a well know 3rd party website on earphone evaluation). You can compare our FR measurement (above) with the raw measured data (below). The curves are very close to each other.
The shell in Crystal an Blue
The 7mm dynamic driver, from original Shure SE215
The cable (better than original SE215)
This is the cable by default. Welcome to select other Shure cables from our cable store.
The ear-tips (original SE215)
DIY tutorial of Shure SE215
It includes 3 steps and can be done in 1h
- Stick the driver to the housing
- Stick housing to the the shell, and wire (solder) the diver with the MMXC connector
- Glue the up/down covers together and done
Step 1: Know about the shell
it includes 2 housings (with SE215 logo) and 2 upper covers (with Shure logo).
Step 2: Install driver to the housing
You need solder 2 wires to the driver – note the polarity! The one connected with the red dot is positive!
Then glue the driver to the bracket.
And then glue the bracket into the housing
Step 3, Install MMCX socket
you need to wire the socket with drivers.
Then glue the socket to the housing.
Step 4, put on the upper cover, almost done!
Connect the MMCX cable and you have it now!