This is a custom product built by Earphone DIY Labs. Choose the Assembling Option and our professionals will complete the assembling for you in 1~2 days. Click the assembling service for more details.
Are you an experienced DIYer? Great! Choose All Separated Components Option and enjoy the fun of making it with your own hands.Only with basic soldering and gluing skills, can you easily make it in audiophile sound quality.
Here are the key values:
- The upgraded Tesla driver option which can out perform the original IE800 design!
- With the MMCX connector, you can use any 3rd party detachable cables in the market
- Bluetooth wireless and Apt-X HD technology will bring you top audiophile class quality
- 3 color options – Black, Royal Blue and Snow White
- Unbeatable price – you can save 80%+ budget comparing with the equivalent and enjoy better sound quality
Question about shipping? Check in the shipping service.
What options can I choose from?
You can choose from 2 driver options. The next sections are about the impressions of these components.
- 3 outstanding dynamic drivers from top IEMs
- White or black Silver Plated 6N OFC braided cable with MMCX and 3.5mm jack
We custom all kinds of high quality MMCX cables per users’ request. Please leave a message to the service account or check in Cable Store for available options.
How does the IE800 MMCX sound?
It much depends the dynamic driver you choose. Note the IE800 shell works all of them perfectly.
Equipped with the Flagship 8mm Micro-Tesla and XWB driver
This is a 8mm driver powered by Mirco-Tesla drive technology with ultra-wide-band(5~46Khz) performance. It’s our flagship product, which outperform all the high-end micros drivers we have ever tested(including the original IE800). If you are looking for the extreme experience, we are proud highly recommend it.
- The Micro-Tesla drive technology is characterized by maximum magnetic field strength greater than 1Telsa, focusing on the air gap inside the dynamic driver unit in a micro drive unit, which is 2 or 3 times the conventional IEM drivers.
- Ultra Wide Band means the driver performs excellently from 5Hz to 45KHz, which greatly exceeds the ordinary IEM 20~20Khz range.
- The main benefits to users are
- Ultra-high density of the bass. With precise volume, the bass is well controlled and deeply extend to subwoofer area. It’s the most powerful and balanced bass we’ve ever tested among dozens of high-end drivers!
- Ultra-low distortion in the middle. The human voice is precisely pinpointed and sounds like it should.
- Unmatchable treble. If you haven’t tried a top level IEMs like IE800, T8iE, you may feel it is too bright in 1 second but then you will know it’s only because the high resolution can make details crystal clear – your ears are a little bit overloaded.
For the measurements using IEC711 coupler, ARTA and customized sound card, see below.
Equipped with the IE800 XWB Driver
Choosing the IE800 XWB Driver will give you the original experience, and it makes the build very much like the original IEM – we measured and observed 95%+ similarity in the Frequency Response with the original earbuds delivered by the manufacturers.
- Sound signature: Maintain a reasonable balance between treble and midrange, and gradually emphasis the bass.
- Bass: Awesome extension to 5Hz (see our measurement below) and kick for such a small driver. Some cases you can “feel’ the drum sound massaging your ear canal but you can’t “hear” it. It’ s a very magical experience. It has good clarity, control and sharpness at low and medium volume, but eventually a bit too swollen. More emphasis on low bass than on mid/upper bass. Although as the volume increases, the clarity / control of the bass gradually decreases, and the warmth of the midrange decreases, the spectrum decays quickly and interference with the midrange is minimized.
- Midrange: Extremely clear and meticulous, but not radical or artificially dissected at all (note the original XWB driver is with a 5dB peak on 6-8 kHz. We suppress it by adding damping in the same way as Sennheiser ). The midrange is probably the most natural and refined of all IEMs due to extremely low THD (<0.03%). The voices and acoustic instruments are good. The human voice in particular has a sublime feeling of just “being there“, it is eerily lifelike and tangible.
- Treble: Almost at eye level with the mids, extended, smooth and highly resolving. The initia level of detail was amazing, but after listening carefully, the treble seemed too thin for a realistic timbre. Depending on the degree of fit, the treble also tends to be exaggerated although the treble does not sound harsh or overly aggressive.
- Transparency: The source transparency is excellent throughout the midrange and treble, but it is significantly impaired due to the excessive bass. However, it’s worth mentioning that the bass’ s enhancement function of the IE800 compensates for the masking effect of ambient noise, and the perceived transparency is better than that of a quiet surroundings.
- Dynamics / Sound Stage / Separation / Imaging: The ultra-clear mids convey a feeling of directness and intimacy without much forward projection, but the driver‘s good dynamics make for excellent depth and layering. Thanks to its high resolution, the IE800’ s separation is impeccable, providing a well defined space for musical instruments and singers. The width of the filed and presence of a center image differ slightly between downward and above the ears. Overall I’d characterize the IE800’ s sound filed as neither overly spacious nor lacking or closed-in like the IE8’s, but above all it has a quite extraordinary sense of depth.
Equipped with the 8mm Titanium XWB driver
Sennheiser released the IE800 at 2012, so the technology is a little bit old fashion. We recommend this newly released driver in 2018 if you trust our profession and flavor of sound character. Especially if you are looking for better vocal and avoiding sibling.
Here is the impression for your reference:
- Sound characteristics: Compared with IE800, they are slightly warmer. And their mid-bass has a slight bump and it also extends to the treble. As IE800, they display lots of details throughout the midrange and above. Even low bass is boosted as shown in the FR measurement, they still have a heavy, punchy bass without sounding rumbling.
- Bass:the bass is deep, powerful, and clear even for bass-heads. The kick drums in Katy Perry’s California Girls are punchy and strong, while the bass sound in the less bass songs are still good. .
- Mids: The mid-range is also pretty well-tuned, and the low-midrange is nice and warm and the high-midrange offering sufficient presence for human voices. Siblings are barely noticeable.
- Highs:The high-end is clear and crisp, and sounds good. Vocals and synthesizers are well cut into the mix, and have the luster they most want to hear.
- Dynamics / Sound Field / Separation / Imaging: The Sound Field is average, it has equal width and depth but not jaw drops.
It’s a common problem for all IEMs using micro drivers being picky to ear-tips. And the result is you have to find one perfectly fitting your ear canal, otherwise the low bass would be seriously impaired. We include the following 2 pairs of earplugs in the kit after measuring dozens of different models:
- 2-flange Silicon ear-tips (black and white, medium size), twice as tight as the regular earplugs made in Germany and used by Sennheiser IEMs
- Memory foam ear-tips (black, medium size) made in Germany – super noise reduction and air-tightness for the best performance
The MMCX cable
We highly recommend using this Silver Plated 6N OFC braided cable to fully exploit the potential of this kit, especially if you choose the Tesla drivers!
The cable is manually braided by 4 (most commercial IEMs only 2 wires) silver plated ultra soft strings, and a whole-body gold plated 3.5mm jack.
there are 2 color options, black and white.
The Bluetooth cable
We recommend the least version of the TRN BT3 MMCX Wireless Bluetooth Cable that support AptX. It is priced $60+ on Amazon and here we offer you the best price!
See more details on the product page.
- Built in 120 mAh Lithium Polymer Battery , up to 7-8 Hours of Premium Quality Talk/Play Time.
- Bluetooth V4.1 technology with CSR 8645 chipset, the best in the industry
- Best for sports or gym with batteries on one side and controllers on the other side. This balances the weight behind the neck so the cable doesn’t pull to one side, but put all the weight on the one earbud.
- 12 MONTHS WARRANTY.
Why AptX is important to sound quality?
AptX is critical to ensure you getting the full potential out of the kit. See the YouTube tutorial for details.
How can I assure I get what is advertised in this IE800 kit?
Email to email@example.com if you want the original measurement of your KIT – we test the Frequency Response, Cumulative Spectral Decay, Burst and Energy Decay, Impulse Response using standard IEC 711 coupler, customized sound card and ARTA software – and we can offer both snapshot or raw data file.
How if I have special requirements?
Please leave your requirements in the ordering note and we’ll handle them accordingly, or contact our service account for any issue.