This is a DIY kit fully compatible with Grado Alessandro Music Pro series. It includes Mahogany cups and all the accessories to repair your MS Pro headphone, or to upgrade your low end Grado headphones with plastic shell. The genuine wood shells can absorb harmful vibrations and greatly improve the sound quality. Following are compatible models we’ve verified with, and please ping us by email or on Facebook for any question.
- Grado SR80, SR80e
- Grado SR225
- Grado M1
- Grado SR60, SR60e
We include everything you need (expect the headband) to upgrade your Grado headphones.
- 2 X Grado Ms Pro wood cups in original wood (painted twice with Oliver Oil) or black
- 2 X Stainless steel anti-dust net (pre-installed)
- 1 X Stainless steel frame (cup surrounding, pre-installed)
DIY course to upgrade your cheaper Grado Headphones (SR60e as an example)
Here is a very detailed YouTube video on how to do it with SR60e. Note the video is with other customized wood cups but most contents are applicable with this kit.
Feedback from DIY communities
From head-fi.org: Earphone DIY Labs Wood Grado Cups + Dimensions!
The wood cups
The cup being installed with headband
- This is an empty headphone shell without drivers. It can NOT be used directly like ordinary earphones you may purchased elsewhere.
- Enjoy yourself but please proceed with caution in your own DIY project! Any modification to the shell or its accessories would make you lose our post-sale support or refund.
Ear pads (sponge cushions)
We offer 3 types of cushions: type G, S and L. Type G is a solid circle and type S is a hollow circle as illustrated below.