- Proprietary 10μm Bio-Diaphragm technology (bio-cellulose and inorganic fiber admixture) is used as a diaphragm material achieving rich very low frequency, natural mid-range and especially excellent presence in high frequency reproduction.
- The overall impression is well balanced with ultra high resolution.
- The key benefits to users are
- The ultra high density of the bass. With precise volume, the bass is well controlled and deeply extend to ultra low bass band. It’s the most punchy while balanced bass we’ve ever tested among tens of hi-end drivers!
- Ultra low distortion in the mid. Vocal is precisely positioned and sounds just as it shall be.
- Unbeatable resolution at treble.You may feel it is too bright in the 1st few seconds if you haven’t tried top IEMs like IE800, T8iE, but then you will get it’s only because the high resolution to make details crystal clear – your ears are a little bit overloaded.
We recommend using this driver with Mini Piano shell to fully explore its potential.
Features and Specs
The 1st Tesla unit was presented Beyerdynamic on 2013 that the flux density (i.e., the magnetic filed strength) finally reaching more than one Tesla. The increase of the flux density can provide immense advantages. The voice coils can be more filigreed and consequently react more quickly, while the sound generated gains precision and richness in detail. At the same time, the energy utilization increases and the listener can play music louder. In other terms, the more the coil is for the driver, the greater details it can push out. See the pic below where we tear open an earphone, take off the diaphragm and showing you the magnetic structure inside.
Besides the powerful magnetic field, the diaphragm and coils of the driver is still key factors of the sound character and quality. The diaphragm is made by 10μm Bio-Diaphragm (bio-cellulose and inorganic fiber admixture), same materials used Fostex TH-909 (Know more about Bio-Diaphragm and its advantages on Head-Fi). The coil is CCAW (Copper-clad Aluminium Wire) which is ultra thin and light.
Measurement is based on an , a and Win10 PC running oftware.
Frequency Response measurement
Notice the bass, mid and treble are perfectly balanced. And the bass well extend to <20Hz.
CSD (Cumulative Spectral Decay)
Notice the decay rate at 500hz-20Khz is very consistent, meaning less interference among bass, mid and treble.
Notice the response duration is ~2ms (the shorter the better), meaning high resolution and punchy bass.
Notice the consistency among all the bands