[update on Aug.13, 2019] the cups is finally built after out of stock for 4weeks! We accepting orders now and shipping will be mid of next week.
Introduction of Grado Ms Pro cups
This is a pair of the Grado Ms Pro cups made from Mahogany wood with all the accessories to upgrade your low-end, plastic shell Grado headphones.Genuine wood shells can absorb harmful vibrations and greatly improve the sound quality.
Following are compatible models we’ve verified with:
- Grado SR80
- Grado SR225
- Grado M1
- Grado SR60
If you also want to upgrade the headband, please check our Grado Leather Headband and Bracket Kit.
We have 2 better Grado headphone genuine wood cups you may also want to play with:
We include everything you need (expect the headband) to upgrade your Grado headphones.
- 2 X Grado Ms Pro wood cups, painted twice with Oliver Oil, saving your efforts and budget
- 2 X Stainless steel anti-dust net
- 1 X Stainless steel frame (cup surrounding)
- 4 X Fixing plugs
- 2 X Rubber caps
DIY course to upgrade your cheaper Grado Headphones (SR60e as an example)
Here is a very detailed YouTube video on how to do it with SR60e. Note the video is with other customized wood cups but most contents are applicable with this kit.
Feedback from DIY communities
From head-fi.org: Earphone DIY Labs Wood Grado Cups + Dimensions!
The wood cups
The cup being installed with headband
- This an empty headphone shell without drivers installed for DIY purpose. It can NOT work directly as regular earphones you may purchased elsewhere.
- Enjoy but proceed with caution in your DIY project! Any modification on the shell or its accessories would make you lost our post-sale support or refund.
Ear pads (sponge cushions)
We offer 2 types of cushions: type G or type S. Type G is a solid circle and type S is a hollow circle as illustrated below.