This 40mm dynamic driver is an audiophile class product offering quite similar sound as HD650, and designed for upgrading any <$200 headphones for much better sound quality.
Our study clearly shows that most commercial headphones won’t spend the major budget on improving sound quality, especial those priced $100~250 Bluetooth headphones with fancy functions like ANC. So if you are an real audiophile and won’t mind to get your hands dirty, you should think about upgrading the driver unit by yourself! See tutorials on how to upgrade headphone drivers, and be brave!
Features and specifications
- 40mm Hi-End dynamic driver
- The voice coil is manufactured in Japan with high-strength copper clad aluminum wire (CCAW) and has been specially optimized for over-driven to increase the toughness and elongation.
- Luxurious 20-core 5N OFC coils offers clearer and more vocal than ordinary 13-core or 16-core coils.
- Sound quality/pattern comparable with Sennheiser HD650 (seeHD-650 spec and reviews from headphone.com)
- Impedance @ 1kHz: 32 Ohms, suitable for smart phones, iPhones and iPads, strongly recommend working with earphone amplifiers.
- Sensitivity: 112 dB SPL/V
- Flat frequency response – 20-20000Hz
- Harmonic distortion < 0.3% at 1KHz
- Power: 50mW, max 150mW
Magnetic steel: N45 NdFeB
1 Pair (2 pieces) 40mm Hi-End Headphone Dynamic Drivers
if your headphone using dynamic drivers in different sizes (typically 50mm), please contact us for adapters.
Most recommend to be used with our wooden headphone shell.
Note: the dynamic drivers have been paired to ensure sound and quality fully balanced between right and left channels. Therefore we don’t offer single unit.
See the demo below how the adapter ring being used for 50mm headphone shell.
Proceed with caution: dynamic driver is with extremely fragile (1~5μm) diaphragm and can be easily damaged in following situations.
- Soldering: overheated (>250 degree C) soldering iron or overtime soldering (>2s) may permanently damage the driver. Please managed down both in your DIY.
- Installation: the driver has Sintered NdFeB Magnetic inside with extremely strong attraction power. Damage may caused by attracting anything hitting the fragile diaphragm.
- Others: applying high-voltage, storing in high temperature/humidity environment… all may cause unrecoverable damage.