This is a custom product built by Earphone DIY Labs. Choose the Assembling Option and our professionals will complete the assembling for you in 1~2 days. Click the assembling service for more details.
Are you an experienced DIYer? Great! Choose All Separated Components Option and enjoy the fun of making it with your own hands. Only with basic soldering and gluing skills, can you easily make it in audiophile sound quality.
Here are the key values:
- The upgraded Tesla driver option which can out perform the original IE800 design!
- With the MMCX connector, you can use any 3rd party detachable cables in the market
- Bluetooth wireless and Apt-X HD technology will bring you top audiophile class quality
- Unbeatable price – you can save 80%+ budget comparing with the equivalent and enjoy better sound quality
Question about shipping? Check in the shipping service.
What options can I choose from?
You can choose from 2 driver options. The next sections are about the impressions of these components.
- 3 outstanding dynamic drivers from top IEMs
- XWB (Extra Wide Band) drivers with same diaphragm, coil and design as IE800
- Or upgrade to Titanium diaphragm XWB drivers (see details at product page)
- Or further upgrade to our flagship 8mm Tesla XWB drivers! (see details on product page)
- White or black Silver Plated 6N OFC braided cable with MMCX and 3.5mm jack
We custom all kinds of high quality MMCX cables per users’ request. Please leave a message to the service account or check in Cable Store for available options.
How does the IE800 MMCX sound?
It much depends the dynamic driver you choose. Note the IE800 shell works all of them perfectly.
Equipped with the Flagship 8mm Micro-Tesla and XWB driver
This is a 8mm driver powered by Mirco-Tesla drive technology with ultra-wide-band(5~46Khz) performance. It’s our flagship product, which outperform all the high-end micros drivers we have ever tested(including the original IE800). If you are looking for the extreme experience, we are proud highly recommend it.
- The Micro-Tesla drive technology is characterized by maximum magnetic field strength greater than 1Telsa, focusing on the air gap inside the dynamic driver unit in a micro drive unit, which is 2 or 3 times the conventional IEM drivers.
- Ultra Wide Band means the driver performs excellently from 5Hz to 45KHz, which greatly exceeds the ordinary IEM 20~20Khz range.
- The main benefits to users are
- Ultra-high density of the bass. With precise volume, the bass is well controlled and deeply extend to subwoofer area. It’s the most powerful and balanced bass we’ve ever tested among dozens of high-end drivers!
- Ultra-low distortion in the middle. The human voice is precisely pinpointed and sounds like it should.
- Unmatchable treble. If you haven’t tried a top level IEMs like IE800, T8iE, you may feel it is too bright in 1 second but then you will know it’s only because the high resolution can make details crystal clear – your ears are a little bit overloaded.
For the measurements using IEC711 coupler, ARTA and customized sound card, see below.
Equipped with the IE800 XWB Driver
Choosing the IE800 XWB Driver will give you the original experience, and it makes the build very much like the original IEM – we measured and observed 95%+ similarity in the Frequency Response with the original earbuds delivered by the manufacturers.
- Sound signature: Maintain a reasonable balance between treble and midrange, and gradually emphasis the bass.
- Bass: Awesome extension to 5Hz (see our measurement below) and kick for such a small driver. Some cases you can “feel’ the drum sound massaging your ear canal but you can’t “hear” it. It’ s a very magical experience. It has good clarity, control and sharpness at low and medium volume, but eventually a bit too swollen. More emphasis on low bass than on mid/upper bass. Although as the volume increases, the clarity / control of the bass gradually decreases, and the warmth of the midrange decreases, the spectrum decays quickly and interference with the midrange is minimized.
- Midrange: Extremely clear and meticulous, but not radical or artificially dissected at all (note the original XWB driver is with a 5dB peak on 6-8 kHz. We suppress it by adding damping in the same way as Sennheiser ). The midrange is probably the most natural and refined of all IEMs due to extremely low THD (<0.03%). The voices and acoustic instruments are good. The human voice in particular has a sublime feeling of just “being there“, it is eerily lifelike and tangible.
- Treble: Almost at eye level with the mids, extended, smooth and highly resolving. The initia level of detail was amazing, but after listening carefully, the treble seemed too thin for a realistic timbre. Depending on the degree of fit, the treble also tends to be exaggerated although the treble does not sound harsh or overly aggressive.
- Transparency: The source transparency is excellent throughout the midrange and treble, but it is significantly impaired due to the excessive bass. However, it’s worth mentioning that the bass’ s enhancement function of the IE800 compensates for the masking effect of ambient noise, and the perceived transparency is better than that of a quiet surroundings.
- Dynamics / Sound Stage / Separation / Imaging: The ultra-clear mids convey a feeling of directness and intimacy without much forward projection, but the driver‘s good dynamics make for excellent depth and layering. Thanks to its high resolution, the IE800’ s separation is impeccable, providing a well defined space for musical instruments and singers. The width of the filed and presence of a center image differ slightly between downward and above the ears. Overall I’d characterize the IE800’ s sound filed as neither overly spacious nor lacking or closed-in like the IE8’s, but above all it has a quite extraordinary sense of depth.
Equipped with the 8mm Titanium XWB driver
Sennheiser released the IE800 at 2012, so the technology is a little bit old fashion. We recommend this newly released driver in 2018 if you trust our profession and flavor of sound character. Especially if you are looking for better vocal and avoiding sibling.
Here is the impression for your reference:
- Sound characteristics: Compared with IE800, they are slightly warmer. And their mid-bass has a slight bump and it also extends to the treble. As IE800, they display lots of details throughout the midrange and above. Even low bass is boosted as shown in the FR measurement, they still have a heavy, punchy bass without sounding rumbling.
- Bass:the bass is deep, powerful, and clear even for bass-heads. The kick drums in Katy Perry’s California Girls are punchy and strong, while the bass sound in the less bass songs are still good. .
- Mids: The mid-range is also pretty well-tuned, and the low-midrange is nice and warm and the high-midrange offering sufficient presence for human voices. Siblings are barely noticeable.
- Highs:The high-end is clear and crisp, and sounds good. Vocals and synthesizers are well cut into the mix, and have the luster they most want to hear.
- Dynamics / Sound Field / Separation / Imaging: The Sound Field is average, it has equal width and depth but not jaw drops.
It’s a common problem for all IEMs using micro drivers being picky to ear-tips. And the result is you have to find one perfectly fitting your ear canal, otherwise the low bass would be seriously impaired. We include the following 2 pairs of earplugs in the kit after measuring dozens of different models:
- 2-flange Silicon ear-tips (black and white, medium size), twice as tight as the regular earplugs made in Germany and used by Sennheiser IEMs
- Memory foam ear-tips (black, medium size) made in Germany – super noise reduction and air-tightness for the best performance
The MMCX cable
We highly recommend using this Silver Plated 6N OFC braided cable to fully exploit the potential of this kit, especially if you choose the Tesla drivers!
The cable is manually braided by 4 (most commercial IEMs only 2 wires) silver plated ultra soft strings, and a whole-body gold plated 3.5mm jack.
there are 2 color options, black and white.
The Bluetooth cable
We recommend the least version of the TRN BT3 MMCX Wireless Bluetooth Cable that support AptX. It is priced $60+ on Amazon and here we offer you the best price!
See more details on the product page.
- Built in 120 mAh Lithium Polymer Battery , up to 7-8 Hours of Premium Quality Talk/Play Time.
- Bluetooth V4.1 technology with CSR 8645 chipset, the best in the industry
- Best for sports or gym with batteries on one side and controllers on the other side. This balances the weight behind the neck so the cable doesn’t pull to one side, but put all the weight on the one earbud.
- 12 MONTHS WARRANTY.
Why AptX is important to sound quality?
AptX is critical to ensure you getting the full potential out of the kit. See the YouTube tutorial for details.
How can I assure I get what is advertised in this IE800 kit?
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you want the original measurement of your KIT – we test the Frequency Response, Cumulative Spectral Decay, Burst and Energy Decay, Impulse Response using standard IEC 711 coupler, customized sound card and ARTA software – and we can offer both snapshot or raw data file.
How if I have special requirements?
Please leave your requirements in the ordering note and we’ll handle them accordingly, or contact our service account for any issue.
Great for studio and live, overkill for casual listening
it cost me $140+ Compared with my $800-$1000 iems….thorough subversion with custom cable. very clear, but not as thin as n5005, the atmosphere is better than tie8, not like IE800s is too stuffy ,This should be a product of $800+,The disadvantage is that it is too small and too slippery. will be perfect if it use a matte surface like the ie800s
I also bought the n5005 at the same time. I want to say that the positive evaluation of the n5005 on the Internet is deceptive. Although amazon bought with 50% discount, I still returned. There are a bunch of things attached, but the core voice is really rubbish.
IE800 MMCX KIT~IE800s > AKT8iE > xxx > xxx > AKG N5005
Tony (verified owner) –
The new mmcx option has enabled me to get flexibility of using different cables to get optimal comfort and fit. I have over 50 IEM in my collection currently ranging from low to high end (>$1000)
The IE800 MMCX kit with the tesla driver has shown me you can get a high end sound for a reasonable price – i actually prefer this to the original ie800 i have and to the fidue sirius -the titanium xwb is also a very good driver and i recommend either option for anyone wanting to see if the higher end products deliver what you want in terms of sound quality and signature – I now realize you do not have to miss out out as these kits are reasonable price that you can take a risk and see if the sound profile is what you like without spending >500
Tonyc2468 (verified owner) –
Just received a second set of Tesla driver option after my son borrowed the first and did not want to give back
The customer service response to any queries is excellent, resolution of a small problem was handled well
The product is fantastic – if you can get right fit and seal – MMCX option great for assisting with this – I find foam tip shallow insertion give best result for me –
I highly recommend this business for customer service, quality products at a reasonable price.
Laszlo (verified owner) –
I ordered the IE800 MMCX Kit, with the Titanium 8mm drivers. I had an IE80, which broke and I looked into getting a new IEM. I talked with a guy from their support, was super helpful, helped me decide between the driver options, and was really knowledgable in his craft. He even threw in a replacement plastic part for my IE80 with my order, so that I can fix it, for which I’m super grateful, thanks again. Really, the best customer experience, I’ve had anywhere, ever! You guys rock!
Shipping was super fast, arrived in a week (but most of that was our customs and super slow local post office). I ordered the kit assembled, and with a seperate cable, not the one in the options. I received everything, plus a carrying case, and an additional cable, not sure if this one was an accident, or a gift.
Now onto the earbuds themself. To summarize: they sound amazing (but what did you expect?). They are really good, the soundstage sounds much wider than you would expect for something with this driver diameter. As someone who is used to the great soundstage from the IE80, I believe the IE800 kit is pretty much on the same level if not slightly above. Bass is super tight, very well defined and punchy, edges out the IE80 by a slight margin. Mids are pretty much on par with each other, while highs are another area, where the IE800 kit outperform my original IE80. It is brighter, and responds better. Overall the IE800 is better in most of the points compared to the IE80.
Overall I believe this was a great purchase. I prefer the MMCX connector to the IE8 series 2 pin abomination of a connector, the ceramic housing with the metal connector seems much more of a durable duo, than the plastic on the IE80. The connector is very tight, I have no doubt that this will last a long time. The assembly of the kit is really good, no glue stains, everything is aligned great, looks like great care was put into the assembly process.
This is the first occasion on a long time, that I have found something, that I would genuinely choose over my trusty old IE80 IEMs. I was skeptical at first, but now that I have been using the earphones for a few days for quite a few hours, I don’t think I am going back.
Collin Ma –
Before you make a decision, just know that if you have any questions just ask through Messenger! Mr. Chen is very accommodating, and in my scenario even upgraded my ie800 configuration after I talked to him.
Apart from that, I’ve found these earbuds extremely enjoyable. I came from the ie-80, and if you’ve had any experience with them, this ie800 sounds very similar in terms of sound signature. It’s a very comfortable iem, and with the double-flange eartips included, the isolation is great. They surprisingly stay inside my ears easily, which I think is due to its low weight and form factor. Shaking my head like a wet dog does nothing. The V-shape fits my genres very well, from hip-hop to smooth R&B to EDM to soft ballads. For these prices, it’s a no-brainer. I don’t see why this couldn’t be your endgame unless you’re gunning for CA Andromedas, which cost 15 or so times more. While I can’t speak to how close they are to the “real” ie-800 since I’ve never heard one, it’s a definite improvement over my real IE-80.
Honestly, if any of my friends asked me for an IEM rec under 50, or around 100ish if they want the MMCX and the works, I can’t recommend anything like the gr07 or ie-80 or se215 when this exists. I’ve used them all through their lifespans and they don’t hold a candle to this. Shoutout to Mr. Chen for helping me out too!
Howard Olsen –
These IE800s With 8mm Tesla Drivers Are Simply Unbelievable – They’re Astounding!
So, just to be clear, I’ve never owned or heard the original IE800 or IE800s but I have quite a few very expensive Original IEMS including Beyerdaynamic Xelentos, Shure SE535, SE846, oBravo Cupids, Tin HiFi P1, IMR R1 Zenith and others – all of these were considerably more more expensive than these DIY 800s but I have to tell you, these things sound incredible and I found them by accident. I went looking for a 2nd set of Xelentos for my wife and found this site …. and in searching, I not only bought the Xelentos, which are identical in every respect to the ones I got from Beyerdynamic directly, when when I stumbled across these, I decided to buy them as well (1 shipping foe for a combined order). Anyway I didnt need another set of IEMS but after reading everything and asking a couple of questions through their support email (and blown away by the speed and professionalism of the responses) I decided to roll the dice and pick them up. I bought the set with the Upgraded 8mm Tesla Driver, and I’m blown away by them. The bass and sub-bass and are fully present, fully detailed and fully controlled. It’s nice, deep and rich…. they transition to the mids beautifully with guitars, violins, strings, woodwinds and vocals exactly where they should be. The treble likewise is clean clear, articulate and completely sibilant free. AND these little 800s Isolate better than any other IEM in my stable (with the foam tips) I think I found my new travel buddies…. they’ll be great up in airplanes they block outside noise and the bass wont get washed out by the environment. I promise you, these are everything this website says they are and even more. I couldn’t be happier bargain or not.
kostashukjerred (verified owner) –
I stumbled on this site while poking through a couple of audio forums a few weeks ago. I really didn’t know what to expect from the earphones on here, but I was certainly intrigued by not only the consistently high praise from reviewers, but the excellent AMA done on /reddit/headphones. I decided to bite the bullet and ordered this set, with the 8MM Tesla drivers.
The entire process, beginning to end, exceeded my expectations.
First, I’d like to say that the ordering process was seamless. I used Paypal checkout, and only after I had made my order I realized that I made a mistake. I emailed customer service and my issue was resolved in under an hour. Fantastic. From order to my sticking these headphones in my ears was 7 days, which is great considering they’re coming from across the Pacific.
Onto the headphones – these are ASTONISHINGLY good. I don’t say that lightly, either. I’m a bit of a collector and have a decent collections of IEMs, and these compete with the very best in my collection while being substantially cheaper. These easily best my Beyerdynamic idx 200 ie and my Etymotic ER3XRs, and are step-for-step with my cherished Sony EX800ST, if not a bit ahead of those as well. Detail retrieval is extraordinary. End-to-end extension is fantastic. The headphones are well tuned, with deep, thumping bass and well-extended, sparkly treble. The bass, though it hits hard, doesn’t intrude on the midrange and maintains great detail right to the lowest reaches. Midrange is sweet and musical, and both male and female vocals sound great. Soundstage is surprisingly large, as well. With the included foam tips isolation is solid as well, and these are probably going to be my new travelling headphones.
The kind of results that can be gotten with proper engineering and good components is amazing. I will absolutely be ordering more in the future.
Earphone DIY Labs Service team –
Appreciate kostashukjerred, we feel privileged and humble 🙂
Mato (verified owner) –
I ordered the 8mm Tesla XWB with Bluetooth cable.
When I first came across this website, I was sceptical. But the product was exactly what I was looking for – good sound quality without any frills (I don’t need e.g. noise-cancelling). I tried it, now I use these headphones every day – I am absolutely thrilled and I am rediscovering music!
The eartips must fit well, otherwise the sound quality suffers. I personally like the slimmer memory foam Eartips best. External noise is almost completely shielded.
+ incredible punch (of a kick drum for example) with a lot of pressure and precision
+ deep basses are very precise and well present
+ You can physically feel the sound in the ear, even if listening with a lower volume
– Basses in the higher segment can be little less defined than the rest which adds sometimes a blurriness into the stage.
– The TRN bluetooth cable has no possibility to switch next or back
+ overall very, very good sound quality
– Perhaps a little to much bass for classical music (even if the bass is well defined)
+ very fast costumer service, responses by e-mail within minutes. There was a problem with the shipping -> “We checked it just now and it was blocked by a security check issue. Such problem happened before and all got addressed by resending. We’ll share the new trace number soon. And no worries, so far 100% problem link this were addressed eventually.” The shipping then worked without any problems.
+ I ordered the IEMs with the TRN bluetooth cable – it was then send with an additional MMCX Cable with 3.5mm Jack, thank you!
Absolutely recommended to buy!
Mateusz (verified owner) –
I’ve just received wired, TeslaXWB version. They are a *massive* upgrade from my old Tin T2’s in many (if not all) aspects. Bass, separation, soundstage, treble… I honestly don’t think I can accurately compare them to anything else I have used, so read other reviews if you wonder how do they sound like. I can definitely say they are fun to listen to 😛
Shipping to Poland took 3.5 weeks, however I believe that was an epidemic-caused anomaly. They were safely packaged.
In addition I’ve received an extra cable, 5 pairs of tips (instead of 3) and a neat little Sennheiser-branded pleather case, which I will be using. It was a very generous gesture! Thank you!
In summary I believe the seller runs this shop partially out of passion, which is of course an excellent sign to see nowadays. Very communicative (I asked for atypical, small IEM part and got a swift, full reply.). I am looking forward to new offers in his store!
Johanne Michel (verified owner) –
This seller provides excellent customer service above and beyond. I rarely ever leave a review but felt I had to share my experience. I meant to write this review earlier but life got in the way. On 12/18/2019, a week before Christmas, I placed an order with this seller for IE800 Earbuds for my son. After, I received my order confirmation, I sent the seller an email asking if there was any possibility of receiving this item prior to Christmas fully expecting the answer to be no as it was coming from China to California. The same day I received a response back indicating they would try their best and that they were upgrading the shipping to DHL. I thought this was very nice of them and appreciated the effort. Two days later, I received an email indicating that the package was being sent via FedEx after they verified that this would be the fastest method. This was more than I could have hoped for. I ended up receiving the package on 12/23rd in time to wrap and place under the tree for my son. My son was ecstatic . The product is amazing and has great sound quality. You will not be disappointed with this product or the seller. I highly recommend.
Mister V (verified owner) –
Got them after 9 days – fast shipping! I also received two sets of MMCX cables so that’s also nice in case one of the cables die.
The sound from Tesla drivers is phenomenal! The bass is deep yet clear, the voices are clear and highs are also clear! The bass doesn’t muddy the rest of the frequency spectrum, yet is strong and packs quite a punch!
You can clearly make out all the instruments played, even with bass-enhanced settings in the music player! And this is even before I burned them in!
Definitely a good bang for the buck!
earphonediylabs-2389 (verified owner) –
I just got mine (shipped to Canada within 8 days) – and they are great! They were packed well (FedEx bag, cardboard box, then small envelope – within which little plastic zip-loc bags held the Sennheiser fake-leather pouch, the headphones and 2 sets of cables (and a couple silicone/foam tips). My first impression was “they feel solid, high-quality”. No cheap plasticky stuff.
They sound excellent (I’ve used the Sony MDR-EX110) and it’s night and day. I’ve gotten the 8mm Tesla drivers. Clear highs and tight, impactful bass. In comparison, the Sonys sound muddy in bass and anemic in the highs. But they’re a $20 pair of ear buds 🙂
Two things to note about the process: I’ve registered to create my own account but never got the “confirm your email address”, even after requesting it a few times. I then just ordered those via paypal. After 1 day I got an email saying the order has been completed, which was great – but no shipping/tracking info. They arrived today (6 days later) so I’m happy but if I were really nervous and impatient I would have bombarded the poor guys with messages in the meantime.
Trust the process, their products are worth it 🙂
earphonediylabs-2389 (verified owner) –
Quick update after having used these for a few months (8mm Tesla XWB): still very happy with them.
My journey with making those fit to my ears was as follows:
1) hated the over-ear cable bend. They don’t stay in my ear. I’ve used a heat gun to bend the cable (at the mmcx connectors) straight so I can wear them like regular IEMs
2) because the nozzle/shaft of the IE800 housing is shorter than most others they wouldn’t stay in my ear / didn’t seal well. No bass.
3) I read about the Bose “StayHear” tips on head-fi. Those can be fitted over the headphones and they will stay in-ear really well
4) now I felt pressure in my ear because they seal well and when pushing in air gets compressed in my ear. I’ve cut a tiny hole into the silicone flange (to relieve the air pressure) and still get impactful bass (also a thread on head-fi)
Now I feel I’ve gotten them where I can use them every day, consistently, while still enjoying superior sound 🙂
CW (verified owner) –
I bought the micro Tesla driver version with no cable, and was very kindly given a cable. So thank you very much for that!
I have never owned the IE800, so I can’t compare what I bought to the originals. I have over 10 different IEMs, ranging from the very cheap Sony MH750 to the Sennheiser IE300 . Some other notable IEM I have are the OG Aria’s and Dioko. I haven’t tried anything better than the IE300, which I loved… Until I got these.
I’m not really a reviewer, just an enjoyer of high quality audio, so everything I say should be taken with a grain of salt.
These things THUMP! I’m not a basshead (I’m a bassist, so I like low-end, but not to a muddy degree) but the bass on these is tight, clear, textured, doesn’t bloom or intefere with the mids. It has its place and stays there. One the clarity of the bass really caught me off-guard when listening to Movement Girl by David Guetta. The detail in the bass was so good, that I notice the main bassline had a gurgle/wobble sound in it that I never heard before. I thought it was some distortiom when I first heard it, but nope. It really is there.
Although mildly V-shaped, the mids are at the level that fits in perfectly in the presentation. It’s perfectly evident when listenting to songs with luscious synths, like Donna Lewis’ I Love You Always Forever. The synth was full present and in no way in the way of other frequency ranges nor dominated by them.
The highs are brilliant, and are in no way subdued, yet are not harsh. In every track I played through these IEMs, the highs never crossed into being sibilant, unless the sibilance was already in the recording, like in Heard it Through the Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
The soundstage is quite wide. It goes beyond the boundary of the ears, quite impessive for an IEM.
Incredible! Nuff said. Instruments have their own defined space, and can be pinpointed. There is no ambiguity about where an instrument is in any song.
This is what really caught me off guard. The details is heaps ahead of all my other IEMs. Even the planar-magnetic Dioko, which has phenomenal detail. My explanation of the bass in Movement Girl says it all really.
As one final note, and this is something I notice with the 300s as well. There is a cohesion in these IEMs that no other IEMs in my collection have. In a lot of IEMs they do one or two things well, and everything else rather poorly. The IE300 doesn’t do anything amazingly, but it does everything well, which creates an immersive, and very enjoyable experience. These IE800s also have that cohesion, and they do everything incredibly well, not perfectly, but incredibly well. And then there’s the price… It’s an absolute bargain.
Thanks for the product. Needless to say, I love it!