This is a custom product built by Earphone DIY Labs. Choose the Assembling Option and our professionals will make it for you in 1~2 days. See the assembling service for more details.
You are an experienced DIYer? Great! Choose the All Separated Components Option and enjoy the fun of making it with your own hands.By having basic soldering and gluing skills, you can easily make it in audiophile sound quality.
Here are the key values:
- Upgrade Tesla driver option which out perform the original IE800 design!
- With the MMCX connector, you can use with any 3rd party detachable cables on the market
- Bluetooth wireless and APTX technology give you audiophile class quality and
- Unbeatable price – you save 80%+ budget for the equivalent or better sound quality
Question about shipping? Check out shipping service.
What option can I choose from?
You can choose from 2 driver options. See the next sections for impressions about these components.
- 3 outstanding dynamic drivers from top IEMs
If you also need a MMCX cable from us, please check our Cable Store for available options.
How does the IE800 MMCX sound?
It largely depends the dynamic driver you choose.
With the IE800 XWB Driver
Choosing the IE800 XWB Driver will give you the original experience, which it makes the build very much like the original IEM – we measured and observed 95%+ similarity in the Frequency Response with the original earbuds delivered by the manufacturers.
- Sound signature: Reasonably balanced throughout the highs and mids, with a gradual emphasis towards low bass.
- Bass: Awesome extension to 5Hz (see our measurement below) and kick for such a small driver. Some cases you can “feel’ the drum sound massaging your ear canal but nor “hear” it, a very magic experience. Good clarity, control and definition at low to medium volume, but ultimately a bit too bloated. More emphasis on low bass than on mid/upper bass. Very quick spectral decay and minimized the interference to mids, though there’s a gradual decrease of clarity/control in bass and increase of lower midrange warmth as you crank up the volume.
- Mids: Extremely clear and hyper-detailed, but not at all in an aggressive or artificially dissecting way (note the original XWB driver is with a 5dB peak on 6-8 kHz. We do same thing as Sennheiser to suppress it by adding damping in the front canal). The mids are probably the most natural and refined of all IEMs due to extremely low THD (<0.03%). Very good timbre with voices and acoustic instruments. Vocals in particular have a sublime feeling of just “being there“, it is eerily lifelike and tangible.
- Highs: Almost at eye level with the mids, extended, smooth and highly resolving. The level of detail is stunning at first, but on careful listening treble turns out to be slightly too thin for a realistic timbre. Depending on fit, there’s also a tendency to exaggerate sibilant, though as a whole, treble is far from sounding harsh or overly aggressive.
- Transparency: Source transparency is excellent throughout the midrange and highs, but noticeably impaired by exaggerated bass. However, it’s worth mentioning that on the go the IE800’s bass boost compensates for the masking effect of ambient noise, and perceived transparency is better than in quiet surroundings.
- Dynamics / Soundstage / Separation / Imaging: The Senn‘s super-clear mids convey a feeling of directness and intimacy without much forward projection, but the driver‘s good dynamics make for excellent depth and layering. Owing to their very high resolution, the IE800’s separation is impeccable, with well defined space for instruments and vocalists. Stage width and presence of a center image vary a bit between downward and over-ear. Overall I’d characterize the IE800’s soundstage as neither overly spacious like the IE8’s, nor lacking or closed-in, but above all with a quite extraordinary sense of depth.
With the 8mm Titanium XWB driver
Sennheiser released the IE800 at 2012, so the technology is a little bit old fashion. We recommend this newly released driver if you trust our profession and flavor of sound character. Especially if you are looking for better vocal and avoiding sibling.
Here is the impression for your reference:
- Sound signature: They sit slightly to the warm side compared with IE800. And they are with a very slight mid bass bump and equally good extension into the treble. As IE800, they display lots of detail throughout the midrange and above. Even low bass is boosted as shown in the FR measurement, they have a deep, punchy bass without sounding boomy.
- Bass:the bass is deep, powerful, and clear even for bass-heads. Kick drums in Katy Perry’s California Girls are punchy and strong, while bass tones in songs with a little less bass are still nice and present. .
- Mids: The mid-range is also pretty well-tuned, with the low-mids sitting in nice and warm and the high-mids offering enough presence for the vocals. Sibling is barely noticeable.
- Highs:The high-end is clear and crisp, and sounds quite good. Vocals and synths cut through the mix well, while cymbals have that sheen that most want to hear.
- Dynamics / Soundstage / Separation / Imaging: Soundstage is average, it has equal width and depth but nothing jaw dropping.
This is a 8mm driver powered by Mirco-Tesla driving technology with Ultra Wide Bandwidth (5~46Khz) performance. It’s our flagship product and outperform all the hi-end micros drivers (including the original IE800) we have ever tested. We proudly and highly recommend it if you are looking for the extreme experience.
- Ultra Wide Band means the driver performs excellently from 5Hz to 45KHz, which greatly outperforms ordinary IEM 20~20Khz range.
- The key benefits to users are
- The ultra high density of the bass. With precise volume, the bass is well controlled and deeply extend to ultra low bass band. It’s the most punchy while balanced bass we’ve ever tested among tens of hi-end drivers!
- Ultra low distortion in the mid. Vocal is precisely positioned and sounds just as it shall be.
- Unbeatable resolution at treble.You may feel it is too bright in the 1st few seconds if you haven’t tried top IEMs like IE800, T8iE, but then you will get it’s only because the high resolution to make details crystal clear – your ears are a little bit overloaded.
See below for the measurements using IEC711 coupler, ARTA and customized sound card.
It’s a common issue for all IEMs using micro drivers being picky to ear-tips. And the result is you have to find one perfectly fitting your ear canal, otherwise the low bass would be seriously impaired.
The good news is we solve it for you and for free (start from 9/1, 2018)! We include following 2 pairs of ear-tips in the kit after measuring tens of different models:
- 2-flange Silicon ear-tips (black and white, mid size) which doubles the sealing than normal ear-tips – made in Germany and adopted by Sennheiser IEMs
- Memory foam ear-tips (black, mid size) made in Germany – super noise cancellation and airtight, gives you the best performance
The MMCX cable
We highly recommend this Silver Plated 6N OFC braided cable to fully exploit the potential of this kit, especially if you pick the Tesla drivers!
The cable is manually braided with 4 (most commercial IEMs only use 3 wires) silver plated ultra soft strings, and whole-body gold plated 3.5mm jack.
there are 2 color options, black and white.
The Bluetooth cable
We recommend TRN BT3 MMCX Wireless Bluetooth Cable, the latest version with AptX support. It is priced $60+ on Amazon and here we offer you the best price!
See more details on the product page.
- Built in 120 mAh Lithium Polymer Battery , up to 7-8 Hours of Premium Quality Talk/Play Time.
- Bluetooth V4.1 technology by built in CSR 8645 chipset
- The best style for sports or the gym with battery on one side and the controler on the other side. That balances out the weight behind your neck so the cable doesn’t pull to one side and put all the weight on the one earbud.
- 12 MONTHS WARRANTY.
Why AptX is important to sound quality?
AptX is critical to ensure you getting the full potential from the kit. See the YouTube tutorial for details.
How can I assure I get what is advertised in this IE800 kit?
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you want the original measurement of your KIT – we test the Frequency Response, Cumulative Spectral Decay, Burst and Energy Decay, Impulse Response using standard IEC 711 coupler, customized sound card and ARTA software – and we can offer both snapshot or raw data file.
How if I have special requirements?
Please leave your requirements in the ordering note and we’ll handle them accordingly, or contact our service account for any issue.