This is Earphones DIY Labs custom product built with Shure SE846 compatible shell and 8/10mm Tesla drivers. The comfortable sound isolating sleeves block up to 37 dB of ambient noise. Choose the Assembling Option and our professionals will make it for you in 1~2 days. See the assembling service for more details.
We offer 3 color options: Green, Red and Blacks, and 2 driver options: 8mm (for better resolution) or 10mm (for super bass and grand sound stage) Tesla drivers.
You are an experienced DIYer? Great! Choose the All Separated Components Option and enjoy the fun of making it with your own hands.By having basic soldering and gluing skills, you can easily make it in audiophile sound quality.
Note this kit is NOT a Shure product. Original Shure SE846 is with multi-BA drivers and we have no intent to counterfeit it. While talking about sound quality, we ensure you our build being competitive or even better.
How does the SE846 kit sound?
It largely depends the dynamic driver you choose.
With 10mm Micro-Tesla and Biodiaphragm Drivers
We highly recommend this 10mm micro driver unit, flagship product of Earphone DIY Labs. This driver is built with Micro–Tesla Driving Technology and 10μm Bio-Diaphragm, and is designed to deliver the most nature sound, balancing deep low bass without sacrificing the mids and the highs. Earphones built with this driver could easily outperform most top commercial IEMs like Xelento or T8ie. The shell is plated with 24K gold to better resist electromagnetic interference.
With the 8mm Micro-Tesla and XWB driver
This is a 8mm driver powered by Mirco-Tesla driving technology with Ultra Wide Bandwidth (5~46Khz) performance. It’s our flagship product and outperform all the hi-end micros drivers (including the original IE800) we have ever tested. We proudly and highly recommend it if you are looking for the extreme experience.
- Ultra Wide Band means the driver performs excellently from 5Hz to 45KHz, which greatly outperforms ordinary IEM 20~20Khz range.
- The key benefits to users are
- The ultra high density of the bass. With precise volume, the bass is well controlled and deeply extend to ultra low bass band. It’s the most punchy while balanced bass we’ve ever tested among tens of hi-end drivers!
- Ultra low distortion in the mid. Vocal is precisely positioned and sounds just as it shall be.
- Unbeatable resolution at treble.You may feel it is too bright in the 1st few seconds if you haven’t tried top IEMs like IE800, T8iE, but then you will get it’s only because the high resolution to
How can I assure I get what is advertised in this kit?
Email to email@example.com if you want the original measurement of your KIT – we test the Frequency Response, Cumulative Spectral Decay, Burst and Energy Decay, Impulse Response using standard IEC 711 coupler, customized sound card and ARTA software – and we can offer both snapshot or raw data file.
What’re in this DIY KIT?
The KIT includes everything you need.
- 1 pair of Shure SE846 compatible shell in Green/Red/Black
- 2 X 8mm or 10mm Tesla drivers
- 2X MMCX connectors
- 3 pairs of original Shure SE846 ear-tips in S/M/L
To reduce difficulty for beginners, we have already assembled the trickiest parts.
- The driver is pre-installed in the housing
- The anti-dust net is pre-installed
- Sound is fine tuned, incl. adjusting driver position, apply damping materials in the front canal if necessary
OK, now how can I make the kit?
See following step by step tutorial, you can make it in a few hours and get decent quality.
How if I have special requirements?
Please leave your requirements in the ordering note and we’ll handle them accordingly, or contact our service account for any issue.