This is a DIY kit fully compatible with Grado Alessandro Music Pro headphone series. It includes Mahogany cups, stainless steel cup surrounding, standard Grado cushions, headbands and all the accessories to repair your MS Pro headphones, or upgrade any low end Grado headphones with plastic shells. The genuine wood shells can absorb harmful vibrations and greatly improve the sound quality. Following are compatible models we’ve verified with:
- Grado SR80, SR80e
- Grado SR125, SR225
- Grado M1
- Grado SR60, SR60e
These are different combinations you can pick freely in order options:
Note we also offer upgraded, genuine leather headbands not included in this kit but can be ordered separately:
We include everything you need (expect the headband) to upgrade or repair your Grado headphones.
- 2 X Grado Ms Pro wood cups in original wood (painted twice with Oliver Oil) or black color
- 2 X Stainless steel anti-dust net (pre-installed)
- 2 X Stainless steel frames (cup surrounding, pre-installed) with black cups
- Installation accessories
- Headband (optional)
- Grado cushions (earpads, optional)
DIY tutorial to upgrade your Grado Headphones
Here is a step by step tutorial to upgrade your low-end, <$100 Grado headphones (e.g., SR60e) to a high-end, $400+ Alessandro Music Pro.
This is the SR60 headphone which you can buy from ebay in $60 or even less.
Step 1, take off cups from the headband and remove the cushion
Step 2, take the drivers with sleeves out of the old shell
Step 3, Install the drivers with sleeves into the new wood cups
Step 4, glue the drivers with sleeves and install back to the headband
Final step, repeat step 2-4 on both sides and done!
Another DIY tutorial on YouTube
Feedback from DIY communities
From head-fi.org: Earphone DIY Labs Wood Grado Cups + Dimensions!
The wood cups
Grado headbands built with high quality artificial leather, high density foam padding, stainless steel band and high quality Grado lockers with silver or golden L/R logo.
Ear pads (sponge cushions)
We offer 3 types of cushions: type G, S and L. Type G is a solid circle and type S is a hollow circle as illustrated below.
- This is an empty headphone shell without drivers. It can NOT be used directly like ordinary earphones you may purchased elsewhere.
- Enjoy yourself but please proceed with caution in your own DIY project! Any modification to the shell or its accessories would make you lose our post-sale support or refund.